[GWSG] Renewable energy pledges; a test of humanity; live blog from Paris

Tilley, Al atilley at unf.edu
Mon Nov 30 07:55:52 EST 2015

1.  The United States along with eighteen other nations, including China and India, have pledged to double their investment in renewable energy by 2020.  The private initiative led by Bill Gates will supplement the effort.  http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-paris-climate-research-20151129-story.html

2.  The Paris talks amount to a test of humanity.  Will we mount our largest collective effort, the transition to a global renewable energy base for a sustainable set of cultures, to meet our greatest challenge?  http://www.theguardian.com/environment/commentisfree/2015/nov/29/the-paris-climate-summit-a-real-test-of-humanity

3.  The Guardian is running a live blog from Paris.  Francois Hollande opened by observing that the talks will decide the future of the planet.  147 leaders are among the representatives of the 195 nations at the talks.  http://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/live/2015/nov/30/paris-climate-summit-world-leaders-meet-for-opening-day-live   ?