[Adrela] CFP: ADRELA session at LASA 2022

McCarl, Clayton clayton.mccarl at unf.edu
Tue Jul 27 16:58:08 EDT 2021

Dear all,

Please see the call for proposals below.

Sincerely,

Clayton

Models for Collaboration in Colonial and Nineteenth-Century Latin American Studies

This is a proposal for LASA 2022, May 5-8, in San Francisco (see CFP<https://lasaweb.org/uploads/callforpapers-lasa2022-en.pdf>). LASA 2022 has been announced as a "Hybrid Congress (on-site and virtual)"<https://lasaweb.org/en/news/call/papers/lasa2022/>. In order to maximize our ability to include a diverse range of presenters based in various locations, this session will be proposed as virtual. If some participants are present in San Francisco, we may organize an in-person event, outside the conference program, to get together informally.

This panel will examine models for conducting collaborative scholarship within colonial and nineteenth-century Latin American studies. We seek, in particular, proposals by diverse teams working across disciplinary, institutional, linguistic, and national boundaries. We invite participation by research and teaching faculty; archivists, librarians, museum curators and other cultural heritage and information science professionals; undergraduate and graduate students; community members; and other stakeholders.

This panel is sponsored by the Alliance for Digital Research on Early Latin America (adrela.net), and we encourage proposals related to projects that employ digital methods. However, the focus of the session is collaboration, not technology, and we therefore welcome presentations dealing with projects that do not involve digital components but that present paradigms that may have relevance for scholars working in a digital realm.

Please send an abstract (250 words max.) and a 2-3 sentence bio for each presenter on the proposal by August 20 to clayton.mccarl at unf.edu<mailto:clayton.mccarl at unf.edu>. We will send notification of acceptance by August 25, and will need all participants listed on accepted proposals to ensure that their LASA memberships are current by September 1.